Windows 8.1 - Prevent apps from using your webcam or microphone
How to prevent apps from accessing and using your webcam or microphone under Windows 8.1? The procedure is as follows:
Type Windows key
to launch the Charms Bar > Settings > Change PC settings</bold>.
- Go to the Search and apps section.
- To prevent apps from using your webcam:
- Go to the Webcam section and turn off "Lets apps use my webcam".
- To prevent apps from using your microphone:
- Go to the Microphone section and disable Lets apps use my microphone.
You can disable the access to your webcam or microphone for specific apps, instead of disabling this feature permanently:
- Open the app of your choice.
- Press Windows key + C to launch the charms bar > Permissions:
- Disable access to the microphone and webcam.
This document, titled « Windows 8.1 - Prevent apps from using your webcam or microphone », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM