Select multiple items without having to hold the CTRL or Shift key down. All you need to do is to enable the item checkboxes and then click to select your files, folder or icons (on the desktop).
This option is disabled by default, so here's how to enable it:
Open the Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab. Tick the Use check boxes to select items checkbox:
Click on Ok to validate.
You can also toggle this option on/off from the View tab of Windows Explorer:
- Windows 8.1 - How to Enable Item Checkboxes
- Windows 8.1 - How to enable the Peek to Preview feature - How-To - Windows 8
- How To Enable Bluetooth on Windows 8.1 - How-To - Windows 8
- How to Enable The Language Bar on Windows 8.1 - How-To - Windows 8
- Windows Phone 8.1 - How to enable SMS and MMS delivery confirmation - How-To - Mobile
- How to enable uac in windows 8.1 - How-To - Windows 8