Windows 8.1 - How to use the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
Programs created for earlier version of Microsoft Windows might not work properly on the latest version of the operating system.
Windows 8.1 includes a Program Compatibility Troubleshooter feature to fix issues encountered old programs.
To access this feature.
- On the StartScreen, click on the Search icon > Settings.
- Search for the following "Run programs made for previous versions of Windows".
- The Program Compatibility Troubleshooter shall open:
- Click on Advanced to access additional settings:
- Click on Next and the utility will scan for installed programs:
- Select the program (causing issues) from the list (click on Non-Listed to search for the program manually).
- Click on Next. The utility will check for issues with the selected programs.
- From there select a troubleshooting option:
- Windows 8.1 - How to use the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
- Windows 8.1 - How to disable startup programs - How-To - Windows 8
- How to Run a Program as Administrator on Windows 8.1 - How-To - Windows 8
- Windows 8.1 online - How-To - Windows 8
- Remove password windows 8.1 - How-To - Windows 8
- God mode windows 8.1 - How-To - Windows 8