How to update Java
Updating Java is made easy thanks to a integrated feature named as "Java Update". It will regularly search for updates and prompt you to install them (when available).
The Java Update tool
You can change the frequency for which Java will search for new updates by going to:
- Control Panel > Java > Update tab
- Next to "Check for Updates Automatically, click on "Advanced".
- Configure your update settings.
- To install a Java update manually, click on the "Update Now" button and follow the on-screen instructions:
- If the Update tab is missing from the Java Control Panel, read: https://ccm.net/faq/35020-java-the-update-tab-is-missing-from-the-java-control-panel.
Windows 64 bit
- Download Java for Windows 64 bit: https://www.java.com/en/download/help/java_win64bit.html