Ubuntu - How to format a partition or drive?
To format a partition or drive under Ubuntu, follow the below procedure:
- Open the File manager.
- Right-click on the drive of your choice > Format.
- Select the "Erase mode:
- Quick mode - Don't overwrite existing data.
- Slow mode - Overwrite existing data with zeroes.
- Select the File system to be used:
- LUKS + Ext4...
- Give a name to the volume and click on Format:
- Overwrite existing data with zeros ubuntu
- Format a protected usb drive - Guide
- How to format an external hard drive: on Mac, Windows, Linux - Guide
- How to format write protected pen drive with file system raw ✓ - Forum - Pen Drive/USB Key/SD Card
- Can't format USB mass storage drive ✓ - Forum - System software
- How to format Transcend 4gb Pen drive which is write protected ✓ - Forum - Pen Drive/USB Key/SD Card
This document, titled « Ubuntu - How to format a partition or drive? », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).