How to create a custom ringtones for Windows Phone 8/8.1
This small tutorial will show you how to create a custom ringtones for your Windows Phone 8/8.1 smartphone.
To use an song as ringtone for Window Phone 8/8.1, several conditions must be met:
- Less than 30MB in size
- WMA or MP3 format.
- Maximum duration of 30 seconds.
So the easiest way to create ringtones for Windows Phone 8/8.1 is to make use of iTunes.
- Open iTunes.
- Select the song you want to use as ringtone > Right-click > Get info:
- Go to the Options tab and select the section of the track you want to use as ringtone by defining the Start and Stop time (maximum duration: 30 seconds).
- Click on OK.
- Now right-click again on the track > Create MP3 version.
- The new ringtone will be create.
- Transfer it to your phone (Windows Phone > Ringtones folder).
On your phone:
- Go to settings > Ringtones + sounds, then tap on Ringtone
- Your new ringtone will listed in the Custom Ringtones section.
You can create your ringtones using the following online services:
Published by jak58
Latest update on January 7, 2015 at 08:02 AM by jak58.