Microsoft Mobile recently released a new range of mobile devices named as the Nokia X family (Nokia X, X+ and XL). These devices run a modified version of Android OS, referred as the Nokia X platform. Microsoft Mobile claimed that 75% of Android apps are compatible with the Nokia X, but still a problem remains. The Nokia X platform is not compatible with Google services, as such you can't download apps from the Google Play Store (unless your device has been rooted)! The download of Android apps is not limited to the Google Play Store! Other app stores exist:
Here's how to install the 1mobile app:
- On the homescreen of your device, tap on the Store app (this is the Nokia store and it has nothing to do with Android apps).
- Search for the 1mobile app
- Tap on download (the application will be downloaded and installed on your device):
- Open the 1mobile market app and start downloading your Android apps
Note that: You can install the other app stores using the same method.
You are unable to install apps from other sources? Don't forget to allow the installation of apps from unknown sources:
- Scroll to General > Security
Published by jak58
Latest update on October 14, 2014 at 01:19 PM by Jeff.