Twitter, Instagram, Facebook ... social networks are a huge challenge for companies and brands. Often referred as social media and web marketing, new channels to promote brands and build customer relationship, social networks allows you to:
- Improve the visibility of the company on the internet.
- Promote a brand or its products.
- Promote interaction between a brand and customers.
The use of social networks is also a challenge in terms of exploration, acquisition and SEO. There are several precautions to be taken whenchoosing a social network
. You have to be on the right channels, it is indeed necessary to understand different aspects and features of each of the social channels (adopt a qualitative approach).
A simple rule - By publishing quality content, you will gain more subscribers.
Several types of content can be shared :
- Images (photos or videos) about the brand environment - allow the user to discover aspects of the company that he does not know.
- Images about the different products or services offered - promote the products and involve users in a process of sharing their own photos of the product.
- Information about the brand / Corporate information - promote interaction between the brand/company and the users.
Facebook is the most conducive when it comes to the sharing of content. But you should take into account the decrease of the reach of the page publications: only 5 % of subscribers will see a page publication in their news feed. Google Plus is ideal for local businesses (reviews, location features..).
Twitter is more suitable for a continuous dialogue or build customer relationship (establishment of a customer service).
Instagram and Pinterest are dedicated to the image sharing.
Read: discover and use Pinterest for your business.
If updated regularly, these social networks can create a regular flow of information. It is possible to aggregate the information on the website of the company, on a company blog or another social network .
Several techniques can be used:
- A Twitter feed for a business website or blog - Publish the latest tweets about the company or brand. Interaction with other accounts.
- A Facebook feed with the latest updates about the company (use in the same way as a Twitter feed).
- An Instagram feed , which aggregates content shared by the company or those that are shared other users (based on specific hashtags).
In many countries, photos are protected by copyright. When sharing pictures on a social network, users make them public. To what extent companies can use these photos?
Most social networks have integrated the concept of copyright in their Terms of Service. This is the case of Facebook, which possesses intellectual property of images published on the social network, while granting a license to use any content published on Facebook or in connection with Facebook. This also applies to any application that requires access to content and information from the social network.
Photo © Fotolia M. Willing
- The images posted on Facebook can therefore appear in search results of a brand or company, provided they are being used via the source application or a related application.
- The Terms set by Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn use the same conditions of shared ownership.
- Photos posted by users can only be used in the context of an application relating to the social network.
- A company can also enforce its copyright of its shared pictures on the social networks .