How to install MySQL on Mac OS X?
MySQL is one of the world's most widely used database management systems. MySQL is available as open source software and commercial version. In this article we show you how to install MySQL on your Mac OS X.
- Download MySQL for Mac OS X
- The DMG file contains four different files.
- Run the "mysql-5.6.19-osx10.7-x86_64.tar.gz" file to start the installation.
- Note that: the filename can vary slightly depending on the version of MySQL you are using.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Next you will need to run the "MySQLStartupItem.pkg" file
- And lastly install the "MySQL.prefPane".
- After installation, the MySQL configuration window shall open and the server can be started immediately.
- How to install MySQL on Mac OS X?
- Can't download the additional components needed to install mac os x lion macbook pro - How-To - MacOS
- Mac Os - Installing fonts - How-To - MacOS
- Mac os allow install from other sources - How-To - MacOS
- Installing Mac OS X AMD Processor ✓ - Forum - MacOS
- Mac os install a required download is missing - Forum - MacOS