How to install MySQL on Mac OS X?
MySQL is one of the world's most widely used database management systems. MySQL is available as open source software and commercial version. In this article we show you how to install MySQL on your Mac OS X.
- Download MySQL for Mac OS X
- The DMG file contains four different files.
- Run the "mysql-5.6.19-osx10.7-x86_64.tar.gz" file to start the installation.
- Note that: the filename can vary slightly depending on the version of MySQL you are using.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Next you will need to run the "MySQLStartupItem.pkg" file
- And lastly install the "MySQL.prefPane".
- After installation, the MySQL configuration window shall open and the server can be started immediately.
This document, titled « How to install MySQL on Mac OS X? », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).