In this howTo you will learn how to install new fonts on Mac OS X. The procedure is quite simple:
- First download your fonts (e.g http://www.dafont.com/).
- Fonts are normally available in a compressed format (.rar or .zip).
- Extract the content of the .rar or .zip file.
- Drag the font files to any of the standard Fonts folders (~/Library/Fonts/)
- Double click on the .ttf or .otf to proceed to the installation of the font.
- The Font Book app shall open:
- The Font Book application allows you to install new fonts (Click on the Install button).
The fonts are automatically installed to your local folder, which means that other users can't access them. To make the new font available to all users of the Mac, you can change its default location.