Windows 8.1 - How to backup your stored credentials
In this article you will learn how to backup your saved usernames and passwords on Windows 8.1. The procedure is as follows:
- Open the Control Panel > Credential Manager.
- The Credential Manager as the name already suggest will store credentials such as usernames and passwords for online services (Dropbox, SkyDrive, Microsoft account...) and websites, allowing you to connect automatically to these services.
- Select "Windows Credentials" and click on "Back up Credentials":
- Select the location for the backup file and a filename:
- When prompted press CTRL + ALT + DEL
- Protect your backup file with a password.
To restore the backup file:
- Select "Windows Credentials" and click on "Restore Credentials".
Published by deri58
Latest update on July 17, 2014 at 12:08 PM by deri58.