Chromecast - Installation and setup guide
The Chromecast is the device developed by Google, allowing you to connect your TV to the internet. The Chromecast is of the size of a USB key and plugs in directly to the HDMI port of your TV. From there you can stream audio, video or pictures from any device connected to the same Wi-Fi network (smartphone, tablet, desktop computer or laptop).
How to install and configure the Chromecast:
The procedure is as follows:
Download links for the Chromecast apps:
Streaming content to your TV
Several actions are possible:
Display a web page or a Youtube video on your TV
- To view a web or broadcast a YouTube video on your TV, you will need to install the Google Cast extension for Google Chrome.
- Once installed, a small icon will be available the top right of the Google Chrome browser. It allows you stream (cast) the content displayed in the browser directly on your TV.
Stream video or pictures
- Plex Media Server allows you to turn your PC into a multimedia server. You can stream content stored on your PC (movies, pictures and music) to other devices.
- Learn how to create your media server with Plex: http://ccm.net/faq/34319-plex-media-server-turn-your-pc-into-a-media-server
- Once the server is configured, you can access your media content from almost anywhere using a simple web browser: http://plex.tv/web/app.
Published by jak58
Latest update on March 30, 2018 at 09:31 AM by IsraelCCM.