You are experiencing slowdowns with your PC? Windows 8.1 allows you to re-install your operating system while keeping your personal files, settings and apps downloaded from the Windows Store.
The procedure is as follows:
- From the Start Screen, press WindowsKey + C to display the Charms bar.
- Click on Settings > Change PC settings.
- Go to Update and Recovery > Recovery.
- Under "Refresh your PC without affecting your files", click on Get started.
- Click on Next and follow the instructions on the screen.
Windows will check for any inconsistency with the system files, registry or other components, and fix them!
- Softwares installed after the initialization of your OS, will be removed. This also include apps downloaded from the internet (web browser, FlashPlayer Plugin..)...
- Windows will generate a list of all the programs that have been removed during the Refresh procedure.