Windows XP users might have faced the same problem while trying to use their scanner just after having switched on their computer. The scanner will not respond to any of the signals sent by the computer and the only option that you will find at that time will be to restart the whole system again. However, there is a simple way to solve this issue:
- Step 1: Turn on your scanner
- Step 2: Go to your desktop and right-click on the icon My Computer
- Step 3: From the list, select the option labeled as Manage
- Step 4: In the Computer Management window, browse for the Device Manager option found on the left-hand side of the window.
- Step 5: On the right-hand side of the window, right click on the first option listed for the Device Manager selection (it should look like a monitor icon), and click Scan for hardware changes.
- Step 6: You can now use your scanner and do the same procedure each time your scanner is not detected by your computer.
Published by jak58
Latest update on July 4, 2009 at 09:01 AM by jak58.