Windows 8.1 includes an option allowing you to boot to the desktop directly
Here's a workaround for users who are still using the first version of Windows 8. The trick is to create a scheduled task that will display the Desktop at startup.
Here's how to proceed:
- Open the Control Panel .
- Launch the "Administrative tool" > "Task Scheduler" .
- Select "Create Task".
- Give a name to the new task.
- Go to the "Triggers" tab.
- Click on "New".
- Next to "Begin the task" select "At Startup" and click on OK.
- Go to the "Actions" tab
- Next to "Actions" select "Start a program".
- In the "Program/script" field enter the following: C:\Windows\Explorer.exe
- Click "OK" to confirm.
- The new task has been created.
- Restart the computer to check the modification.