Right-clicking on the Explorer icon will display a list of recently opened items:
By default the number of recent items is set to 10.
- You can remove an item from the list, by right-clicking on the latter > Remove from list.
- If you want to have an item permanently displayed in the Jump Lists, right-click > Pin to this list.
This short FAQ will teach you how to set the number of recent items to be displayed in Jump Lists. The procedure is as follows:
- Right-click on the Taskbar > Properties.
- Go to the Jump Lists section and edit the value next to "Number of recent items to display in Jump Lists:".
- Click on Apply.
- Windows 8.1 - Set the number of recent items to be displayed in Jump Lists
- How to reset windows 8.1 to factory settings - Guide
- Windows 8.1 - View the recent changes made to system settings - How-To - Windows 8
- How To Pin PC Settings to the Taskbar in Windows 8.1 - How-To - Windows 8
- How to set low battery notification: Windows 8.1 - Guide
- Windows 8.1 bluetooth settings - Guide