The error messages in an Nvidia graphical card may be due to the absence of device drivers on the computer or in the graphical card installed. The hardware installation and software updates may not be properly installed, thus leading to a precarious situation with the graphical card. Nvidia's official website aids with various driver installations and updates and hardware instruction manuals may also be downloaded. To find out the technical reason behind an Nvidia graphical card issue, copy the error message and paste it in the search engine. To look at the error messages open the control panel, open advanced tab of the system properties, in the startup and recovery section, select the setting>. After deselecting the system's failure section, open the "Event Viewer" in the computer management section in the hardware's control panel. Remember you need to have administrator rights for all the above.
If you are facing a problem with your Nvidia video card, it might come from the wrong installation of your drivers, or a lack of drivers on your computer. You can thus download an official version of their drivers from the link https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
To be able to tackle this issue in a more focused way, you can try to copy the error message that is being displayed and make an internet search about the issue. You will hence be sure to find the solution to the particular problem. The section below will explain how to get the specific messages that you need to paste in the search engine.
Disable reboot option for Windows
- Go to the Start button and select the Control Panel option.
- Hence, click on the System icon and select the Advanced tab
- In the section labeled Startup and Recovery, click on the Settings button
- You must now uncheck the option Automatically restart under the System failure section.
Accessing the Event Viewer
- Open the Event Viewer in order to read error messages
To access it:
- Open the Control Panel/ Administrative Tools.
- Double-click Computer Management
- Open Event Viewer (under System Tools).
This will allow you to see the error messages concerning the Nvidia video card issue. From there you can make a search on the internet.
- Nvidia video card problem
- Nvidia video card detector - How-To - Graphic cards
- The video card is not displaying an image ✓ - Forum - Hardware
- How to overclock nvidia graphics card - How-To - Graphic cards
- Shader version 2.0 capable video card - How-To - Graphic cards
- Start button and task bar gone after new video card installation - How-To - Windows