You can configure Mac OS X to verbally announce the time. To configure this option:
- Click on the Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Go to Date & Time > Clock.
- Check "Announce the time".
- Click on the drop menu and select between:
- On the hour.
- On the half hour.
- On the quarter hour.
- Click on "Customize Voice" and select a custom voice (Alex, Bruce, Fred,....).
This document, titled « Mac OS X - Verbally announce the time », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).