In this FAQ you will see how to change the default listening port for the Remote Desktop feature.
- Open the registry (Run > regedit).
- Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>System>CurrentControlSet>Control>TerminalServer>WinStations>RDP-Tcp
- Select the "PortNumber" key.
- Click on the Edit menu > Modify.
- Select the "Decimal" base and enter the new port number in the Value Data field.
- Save your settings and close the registry.
This document, titled « Windows 8.1 - How to change the listening port for the Remote Desktop feature », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM