How to get rid of the Yandex
Yandex is a browser hijacker that takes control of your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox , Google Chrome). It is installed along with other harmful softwares (PUP, adwares, ....) and you will notice that it can't be uninstalled using conventional method.
Symptoms of infection:
- Yandex will harvest your browsing data and your personal information for advertising purposes (targeted ads).
- Installation of the Yandex toolbar.
- Search engine and homepage will be modified.
- Popup ads are randomly displayed during your browsing session.
You can try using AdWCleaner
or Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Clean your web browsers
- Uninstall parasite extensions
- For Firefox: Go to Tools > Add-ons > Extension tab.
- For Google Chrome: Click on the menu at the top right and then Tools > Extensions.