Instagram - How to backup your photos
The Instagram app automatically saves your photos and videos in a dedicated folder on your smartphone, but if you want backup your photos and videos on a computer, you will require of the below tools:
Download your photos with Instaport
is a website allowing you to download all your Instagram content on a PC. It is a free service that requires no installation.
- Connect to https://instaport.me/
- Click on "Sign-in with Instagram"
- Enter the username and password of your Instagram account.
- Click on "Authorize".
- Select "Download Zip" and click "Start Export".
- Once the backup is complete, click on "Download your pictures".
Create an automatic backup with IFTTT
IFTTT is a free online service allowing you to automate actions (recipe) on your various social profiles. You can create an IFTTT recipe to automatically backup (on Google Drive or Dropbox) every photo posted on your Instagram profile.
- Start by creating your iFTTT account here:https://ifttt.com/.
- Once your account is created, go to your profile and click on "Create"
- Click on "This" and select Instagram
- Click "Any new photo by you" or "Any new video by you" to select the type of content you want to backup
- Now you need to create a "Trigger".
- Click on "That" and choose between Dropbox or Drive.
- Click "Add file from URL" > "Create Action".
- Click on "Create Recipe".
- Instagram Downloader is a download manager allowing you to download photos from your Instagram profile.
- NB: It also allows you download photos from other users.