When you turn on your MAC, during a meeting , lecture or class , the startup sound can be quite an annoyance, especially when the volume of your Mac is set to maximum.
To mute the startup sound of your MAC, you will need a small utility called Startup Sound
- Download and install: Startup Sound
- Once installed the new features are available via the System preferences
- Launch Startup Sound.
- Check "Turn on startup volume control" .
- Select the "Mute" checkbox.
- Mac OS - How to disable the startup sound
- Mac os disable recent items - Guide
- No startup disk to reinstall mac os - Guide
- Disable The Disk Image Verification on Mac OS - How-To - MacOS
- Ubuntu - Disable startup sound - How-To - Linux
- Mac OS X - How to remove a program from the startup items - How-To - MacOS