Here is how to extract images from a PDF file:
- Read this FAQ :Convert PDF to images, to extract images without any loss of quality.
- Note that: This method extract all the bitmaps contained in a PDF file, but will not retrieve the vector graphics.
Under Windows and Linux in command line
- 1) Download xpdf (free): http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/
- 2) Unzip the file and retrieve the pdfimages.exe
- 3) To retreive the image from your PDF
- This will create a set of files .ppm. pbm and. Jpg.
- You can convert ppm/pbm to another format with www.xnview.com.
- For some PDF files, sometimes the images are fragmented into several small images. You will have to manually reassemble them.
- You can also use GhostScript/GSview to extract images from PDF.
Under Linux via a GUI
- If you use Evince as PDF reader, you simply drag an image out of a PDF to the desktop or a folder to extract it. Simple as that!