It is impossible for you to connect via WiFi, even if you go to the "Administrative Tools" / "Services" and you try to automatically start the service "Wireless Zero Configuration" for Windows XP or "Service Configuration WLAN "for Vista, and you have the error 1068
If you have this error, it is likely that you have been infected by a virus such as "Bagle" or "Beagle".
- To fix, follow these steps:
- Go into the registry with regedit for this:
- Open the Registry Editor
- Expand: HKEY Local Machine > System > CurrentControlSet > Services > Ndisuio
- In this key there is an entry called "START". This entry must be set to 3 for the NDIS E/S protocol to boot properly.
- A virus as Beagle/ Bagle will change this value to 4 and causes the problem.
Restart your PC and everything should return to normal.
Notes: do a scan hard drives of your PC with your antivirus. Check out the links below for more information about the infection:
Published by jak58
Latest update on November 28, 2009 at 01:27 AM by jak58.