After updating Windows Security KB925902, you can get the following message:
RTHDCPL.EXE - System DLL Relocation unauthorized
The DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly.
The repositioning has been done because theDLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCXC: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address area reserved for Windows system DLLs NT. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new one.
It happens when you have a integrated REALTEK sound card .
This update is known to block the startup of your sound card.
The solution is to download the patch available on Microsoft site at the following address:
- Install the patch by double clicking the downloaded file, it shall be ok.
- If the DLL concerned is not HHCTRL.OCX (eg USER32.dll or another), then in this case:
- Go to Start/Control Panel/Add / Remove Programs
- Click"show updates" at the top of the page, then uninstall KB925902
- Replace it by KB935448
- Go back in Control Panel/Windows Security Center
- In the "Manage security settings for" click on Automatic Updates
- Check "Automatically download updates and notify me when they are ready to be installed"
- Confirm by clicking OK
Published by jak58
Latest update on September 24, 2009 at 05:11 AM by jak58.