UsbFix - How to clean an infected USB drive
There's are viruses that propagate through USB drives. In this page you will learn how to clean infected USB drives, using a free utility called UsbFix.
UsbFix can remove malwares from your external hardrives, smartphones, cameras , USB drives....etc
The procedure is as follows:
- Download UsbFix.
- Double-click on UsbFix.exe to launch the program.
- Accept the EULA.
- At this point you will need to temporarily disable your antivirus software.
- Now connect the infected drive and click on Research:
- Once the scan is completed, a report will be generated.
- NB: Post it on the security forum if you need help.
- Once the threats have been identified, you can clean your system:
- Close any opened program (web browser, documents,.....)
- Open UsbFix and click on Clean.