Most Vista users have encounter the following type of message: "Access denied" when trying to edit some files or folder.
To solve this problem:
- Right click the folder you want to change the rights> Properties, then display the Security tab.
- Click Advanced and go to the Owner tab.
- Click on Edit.
- Select your username, and tick the box "Replace owner on sub containers and objects".
- Click "OK".
- Select "Yes", then click "OK".
- Validate the other windows by clicking on "OK"
Now you have access to your file.