If you are prompted by a message telling you that your PC is infected or unprotected ,and there is a small program named Windows PC defender that appears in the task bar. This means that your PC has been infected by a rogue program.
- In case of an infection, you will be prompted by this window:
About Windows PC defender, Related files, Registry ..etc
Windows PC defender can be very harmful, for further information, refer to this link:
Windows PC defender Wiki
- You can remove it using Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware.
- Download link: Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Once download click on mbam-setup.exe, to launch set up.
- At the end of installation let the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware options checked.
- Wait for update to be completed and launch scan.
- At the end of the scan you will be prompted by a small window notifying you that the scan is successful and if you want to view the results.
- Click on Show to view the results
- The list of suspicious files and infections will be displayed.
- Click on Remove Selected button to remove all the listed malware. (Reboot your machine if necessary)
- After successful disinfection MBAM will generate a log (Notepad), that you can post on the forum for more information: Virus/security section
- From there you can exit the MBAM.
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on October 1, 2009 at 08:58 AM by aakai1056.