If you are prompted by a message telling you that your PC is infected or unprotected ,and there is a small program named Windows PC defender that appears in the task bar. This means that your PC has been infected by a rogue program.
- In case of an infection, you will be prompted by this window:
About Windows PC defender, Related files, Registry ..etc
Windows PC defender can be very harmful, for further information, refer to this link:
Windows PC defender Wiki
- You can remove it using Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware.
- Download link: Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Once download click on mbam-setup.exe, to launch set up.
- At the end of installation let the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware options checked.
- Wait for update to be completed and launch scan.
- At the end of the scan you will be prompted by a small window notifying you that the scan is successful and if you want to view the results.
- Click on Show to view the results
- The list of suspicious files and infections will be displayed.
- Click on Remove Selected button to remove all the listed malware. (Reboot your machine if necessary)
- After successful disinfection MBAM will generate a log (Notepad), that you can post on the forum for more information: Virus/security section
- From there you can exit the MBAM.
- Virus - Removing Windows PC Defender
- Autorun virus remover windows 10 - How-To - Viruses
- Shortcut virus remover for pc - How-To - Windows 7
- Shortcut virus remover windows 7 ✓ - Forum - Viruses/Security
- How to remove trojan virus from windows 10 ✓ - Forum - Viruses/Security
- How to remove autorun.inf virus permanently from pc ✓ - Forum - Viruses/Security