Acer Aspire V5-123: Downgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 7
If your laptop is equipped with 2GB of RAM, it is recommended to use Windows 7 Professional (requires less resources to run)!
NB: It is essential that you install a 64bit version of the OS as there are no drivers released for the 32bit version.
Common installation errors
- Error 1: CD\DVD driver error
- Error 2: Can not install Windows. The selected disk is of GPT partition style..
Enable the BIOS Legacy mode
By default, the BIOS is configured in "UEFI", which allows a faster startup. You will need to turn this feature off!
- Boot your PC and tap on the F2 key.
- Once in the BIOS go to the Boot section.
- Set the BIOS to "Legacy".
You will have to restart the computer and go back into the BIOS via the "F2" key.
Set the primary boot device
- Change the primary boot device and set it to USB (tap the F6 key to change)
- Set the main hard drive (C:\) as secondary boot device.
- Save your changes and exit the BIOS.
Convert GPT partition to NTFS
Go to the command prompt using the recovery menu
select disk 0
create partition primary
format fs=ntfs quick
Installing Windows 7
- Connect the USB key (the one containing Windows 7 installation) to your PC
- Start the computer and the latter will boot from the key.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and install Windows 7
- Learn more: How to install Windows 7 / Windows 8 from a USB key
This document, titled « Acer Aspire V5-123: Downgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 7 », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM