How to insert a Creative Commons license into a webpage
Creative Commons licenses
(abbreviated CC) offer a simple solution to define under what conditions your creations can be reused.
The advantages of using Creative Commons licenses;
- Human readable.
- Can be adapted to the jurisdiction of each country.
- Give appropriate credit to the author.
Here's how to insert a CC license in a web page:
Choosing a license
- This page allows you to select the criteria for the reusability of your work.
- The mini-questionnaire will help you to choose appropriate license:
- Choose the shape of the logo (Compact or Normal) and then retrieve the HTML code.
Insert the code into your web page:
It is advisable use the code in a
- Once integrated, the CC license will look like this:
- When a user clicks on the CC logo, the CC license will be displayed:
A dedicated search engine to search for content under the CC license: http://search.creativecommons.org/
This document, titled « How to insert a Creative Commons license into a webpage », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM