Sometimes you just want to game in peace or enjoy using Steam without receiving annoying, rude or useless comments on your profile. In this short article, we will show you how to disable comments on the platform. Likewise, if you want to disable the other in-game social features, such as chat and notifications whilst you play, this article will show you how to do that as well.
If you want to reduce who can see and publish comments on your Steam Profile, follow the procedure below:
- Open Steam and go to View Profile in the top right hand corner of the Steam home menu.
- Scroll down the page to My Profile<bold>. You will be able to see who can currently view your comments, and other profile details. In this example it is currently set to <bold>Public, but it can also be set to Friends Only or Private.
- Now continue to scroll down to the Can Post Comments On My Profile section.
- Select Private. Your settings will be saved automatically.
Disable In-Game Social Features
If you want to also disable the in-game social features (chat notifications and the interface), follow these steps:
- After signing into your Steam account, go to Preferences
- From here, go to the In-Game section from the menu on the left.
Photo by Florian Olivo on Unsplash
- At the top of this page is the section on The Steam Overlay<bold>. It should currently be set to <bold>Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game<bold>. Unselect this, and select <bold>OK at the bottom of the page. Your new settings will be saved automatically.