Steam is a digital distribution platform that makes thousands of video games available to you on your computer. The program offers the option to conduct automatic downloads in the background of your games. If you would like to disable this feature, this tutorial will walk you through the steps.
Disable the Auto-Update Feature in Steam
- Open Steam, and go to Library. Right-click on a chosen game, then click Properties:
- Go to the Update tab. Here, you can choose between the following settings for auto-updates: Always keep this game up to date; Only update this game when I launch it; High Priority - Always auto-update this game before others:
- Next, configure the background downloads settings by choosing between the following options:Follow my global setting; Always allow background downloads; Never allow background downloads.
Photo by Luis Morera on Unsplash
- How to make steam auto update games
- Steam auto update games - Best answers
- Steam auto download - Best answers
- Turn off auto update windows 7 - Guide
- Nvidia driver auto update - How-To - Graphic cards
- Potplayer stop auto update - How-To - Daum PotPlayer
- How to auto update data in excel from another worksheet ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Xbox - Disable the auto-update of Daylight Saving Time - How-To - Xbox