If you don't want Ubuntu to automatically launch or prompt you to start programs when you connect a media device to your PC (external HDD, USB, smartphone,..), the follow the below instructions:
- From Ubuntu's desktop, click on System Settings.
- Go to System >Details.
- Go to Removable Media.
- Tick the Never prompt or start programs on media insertion checkbox.
- Ubuntu - Never prompt or start programs on media insertion
- Ubuntu - Speed up the loading programs - How-To - Ubuntu
- Batch file start program with spaces in path ✓ - Forum - Programming
- Cannot start programs unless run as administrator in windows 10 - Forum - Windows
- How to run nasm program in ubuntu - How-To - Languages
- How to start remote machine from command prompt - How-To - Windows
This document, titled « Ubuntu - Never prompt or start programs on media insertion », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).