Disclaimer: As of March 2020 this function is no longer possible on newer versions of the Facebook Messenger app.
Facebook Messenger automatically updates new contacts, however it's also possible to disable this feature. This FAQ will show you how to get started.
Facebook Messenger - Disable updates about new contacts
- Sign-in to Facebook Messenger.
- Tap on the cog shaped button to access the Settings menu
- Clear the New contacts - Get updates about new Messenger contacts checkbox.
- How to delete updates on messenger
- How to delete updates in messenger - Best answers
- How to clear updates on messenger - Best answers
- Windows 10 delete update cache - Guide
- How to delete windows live messenger beta ✓ - Forum - Software
- How to delete suggested on messenger - Forum - Facebook Messenger
- Why my messenger emoji is not updated - Forum - Facebook Messenger
- Yahoo Messenger - Display a notifications before downloading update - How-To - Instant Messaging