Brasero - Basic Tutorial (Linux Mint)
Brasero is the default CD/DVD burning utility for Linux distributions running the Gnome desktop. Popular examples are Linux Mint and Ubuntu!
If you are new to Linux, this short tutorial can help you to burn your CDs and DVDs using the Brasero application (tested in Linux Mint):
Step 1 - Launching the application
The fist step is to launch the Brasero app.
- Click on Menu and type Brasero in the search field.
- Use the Application lens to find the Brasero app in Ubuntu.
Step 2 - Create a new project
Brasero allows you to create different types of projects:
- Create an audio CD.
- Create a data CD or DVD.
- Create a Video DVD.
- Create a Disc Copy (image file).
- Burn image file.
Step 3 - Burn a CD or DVD
To burn a CD or DVD:
- Insert a blank CD or DVD.
- Click on Create a data CD or DVD.
- Click on the + menu to add files and folder to the burning list.
- Click on the Burn button to create your CD/DVD.
- That's it!
Published by jak58
Latest update on April 24, 2015 at 09:48 AM by apfel9.