Ubuntu records data on how you use your files and applications, which includes:
- Chat logs
- Audio and video files....
To disable access to certain items or clear the usage data:
- From Ubuntu's desktop, click on System Settings
- Go to Personal>Security&Privacy
- Go to Files & Applications.
- From this menu, several actions can be performed:
- Clear Usage Data
- Toggle the recording of file and application data.
- Create exclusions (app or folder)
This document, titled « Manage how Ubuntu Records File and Application Usage Data », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM