Windows - Disable Desktop Customization Options
Prevent users from changing the desktop themes, background and other visual settings on a Windows 8.1 PC.
An administrator account.
Any version of Windows 8.1 allowing access to the Group Policy Editor
Open the Group Policy editor
- Open the Run tab and type gpedit.msc.
In the window that opens, go to User Configurations > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization.
Double-click on Prevent Changing desktop background and select Enabled.
Blocking access to other features
You can also enable other restrictions from this menu:
- Prevent users from enabling the screensaver
- Prevent users from changing the desktop icons.
- Windows 8.1 - Prevent Users from Changing the Desktop Theme
- Windows 8.1 - Prevent the computer disconnecting your Wi-Fi adapter - How-To - Windows 8
- Windows 8.1 - Prevent apps from using your advertising ID - How-To - Windows 8
- Change user name windows 8.1 - How-To - Windows 8
- How to change icon size in windows 8.1 - How-To - Windows 8
- How to change font style in windows 8.1 ✓ - Forum - Windows 8