These days new Dell Inspiron laptop / computers have pre-installed Operating Systems like Vista as standard practice. However, some users prefer to use an older version of the Windows OS like XP. One can easily downgrade the resident OS on Dell Inspiron from Vista to XP in a couple of easy steps. The first step is to alter the SATA configuration to the required settings. Following this step one needs to restart and boot from Windows XP using the installation CD. If any important drivers are found missing, they can be easily downloaded from the Dell drivers support page.
Downgrading Dell Inspiron 1525 from Vista to XP
All new Dell laptops have Windows Vista as the standard OS. Some users still prefer using Windows XP as it doesn't consume too many system resources, and processes faster than Vista. You should note that before installing Windows XP on the Dell Inspiron laptop, you just have to change the SATA configuration as it is set on the SATA native mode.
Change SATA configuration
Enter BIOS setup/configurations by pressing the F2 button on your keyboard when the laptop starts.
Use your arrow keys to choose the options:
- Open Onboard Devices, set Flash Cache module to "OFF".
- Then Open SATA Operation, set to "ATA".
- Restart your laptop and boot from the Windows XP disc.
Downloading the drivers
The Dell Inspiron 1525 XP drivers can be downloaded from the Dell drivers support webpage or just download it here:
Notebook system software : http://ftp.us.dell.com/utility/R161278.EXE
Chipset drivers : http://ftp.us.dell.com/chipset/R153997.EXE
Media Card : http://ftp.us.dell.com/chipset/R141246.EXE
Intel Graphics : http://ftp.us.dell.com/video/Intel_GM965-Express-Chipset-_A05_R173064.exe
Lan Network : http://www.marvell.com/drivers/driverDisplay.do?dId=175&pId=3
Wireless : http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/R171131.EXE
Bluetooth : http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/R161378.EXE
Camera : http://ftp.us.dell.com/input/R165116.EXE
Modem : http://ftp.us.dell.com/comm/R147115.EXE
Touchpad : http://ftp.us.dell.com/input/R155586.EXE
Camera Application : http://ftp.us.dell.com/app/R160320.EXE
Audio : http://ftp.us.dell.com/audio/R171789.exe
Quickset : http://ftp.us.dell.com/app/R161139.EXE
- Downgrading Dell Inspiron 1525 from Vista to XP
- Dell Inspiron 1525 XP Downgrade ✓ - Forum - BIOS
- Dell inspiron 1525 laptop downgrading - how ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Dell inspiron 1525 factory reset - How-To - Laptop computer
- Does dell inspiron 1525 have bluetooth - How-To - Laptop computer
- Dell inspiron 1525 bluetooth drivers for windows 7 ✓ - Forum - Drivers