It is necessary to have a fixed IP to connect to a remote PC.
- To connect to a computer, we need to know its IP address. But there are Dynamic DNS services that allow you to overcome this limitation and connect to a remote machine using a name of this type "votrelogin.dyndns.org".
- The first step is to register on a Dynamic DNS service (dyndns.org, no-ip.com).
- Install the small software client provided (This software send your IP address to the DNS server and automatically update it)
- You only have to install the server of your choice on your computer (like http, ssh, vnc ...)
- From there you can access your remote PC.