Facebook displays ads based on the information it collects about you. Although you cannot opt out of viewing ads all together, if you would like to stop Facebook from using your search history to send you interest-based ads, there's a simple way to disable this feature.
Log in to your Facebook account and go to Settings > Adverts. Click on the Edit button displayed next to Adverts based on my use of websites and apps and then toggle the Show online interest-based adverts option Off:
N.B. Disabling this option doesn't reduce the number of ads you usually see. Instead of receiving relevant ads, Facebook will now display random advertisements.
- How To Opt Out of Interest-Based Facebook Ads
- Facebook ads account disabled - How-To - Facebook
- Restricted account facebook ads - How-To - Facebook
- Does facebook ads listen to your conversations - How-To - Security
- Create location-based couponing with Facebook Check-in Deals - How-To - Facebook
- Opt Out of Viber Location-Based Messages - How-To - Mobile