If you are among the population of Windows users who noticed that your system no longer recognizes your CD/DVD drive following your upgrade to Windows 10, you are not alone. This tip will walk you through how to get your optical drives to show up in the Device Manager or File Explorer.
Windows Not Recognizing CD/DVD Drive
Open an elevated Command Prompt. Type command prompt into the Search box, and right-click on the entry. Select the option that reads Run as administrator:
Type the following command, followed by Enter:
reg.exe add "HKLMSystemCurrentControlSetServicesatapiController0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
Close the command prompt and reboot your system. Windows 10 should recognize your drive following the system's restart.
- Windows 10 cd rom not detected
- Dvd drive not recognised windows 10 - Best answers
- Dvd drive not recognized windows 10 - Best answers
- Dvd drive not detected in windows 7 ✓ - Forum - Windows 7
- Pen drive not detected in windows 7 ✓ - Forum - Pen Drive/USB Key/SD Card
- Dvd drive not reading discs windows 10 ✓ - Forum - Hardware
- USB Flash drive not detected: in Windows, Mac - Guide
- Hp pen drive not detected in windows 10 ✓ - Forum - Pen Drive/USB Key/SD Card