Ares is a free and open source BitTorrent client (P2P) that allows users to search and share files on the internet. The program is fairly simple and straightforward to use, but it has been reported that some users have experienced issues such as interrupted downloads, limited download speeds, or the inability to connect to the internet.
Connection errors are more likely to occur when using the program's default port configuration. Some ISPs will automatically block the port(s) for incoming P2P traffic (downloads). Fortunately, you can overcome this limitation by changing the port assigned to incoming connections in Ares settings.
How To Fix Connection Errors in Ares
Open Ares, go to the Control Panel > Transfer tab, and edit the value next to Accept incoming connections on port:
You can select a value between 49152 and 65535. Once done, close Ares and restart your computer to apply your new settings.
- Ares not connecting
- Ares port - Best answers
- Ares connecting - Best answers
- Ares won't connect can you help me ✓ - Forum - Network
- Ares Not Connecting on my PC ✓ - Forum - Software
- Ares not connecting but shows connecting for ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Ares won't connect ✓ - Forum - Network
- Ares not connecting - Forum - Software