The Kinect is a motion sensing device that enables you to interact with your Xbox One console through hand gestures and voice commands.
Some users have reported that the Kinect will randomly activate (display a hand cursor on their screen) while they are watching movies on their console. Fortunately, there's a simple trick to stop the Kinect from mistakenly detecting hand movements and disrupting your movie.
Turn Off Kinect Motion Tracking while Watching Videos
Tap on the Menu button on your controller and then go to Settings > Kinect. Tick the Turn gestures off while watching videos checkbox and you are good to go.
N.B. You'll still be able to interact with the Kinect through voice commands.
- Kinect Interrupting Video Playback on Xbox One
- Winamp - Disable Screen saver during video playback - How-To - Winamp
- UMPlayer - Small arrows displayed upon video playback - How-To - UMPlayer
- XBMC - Enable vertical blank sync during video playback only - How-To - Multimedia
- XBMC - Enable hardware acceleration during video playback - How-To - Multimedia
- Facebook video playback quality - Guide