The Xbox One has the ability to send discrete commands to other devices such as a television, cable box, or audio receiver. You can, for example, set your TV to turn on/off at the same time as your gaming console, which eliminates the need for a separate remote control.
Here's how to take advantage of this feature on the Xbox One.
Turn Your TV ON or OFF with the Xbox One
Press the Menu button of your controller and go to Settings > Power & startup > TV & A/V power options:
Wait for the console to detect the connected devices and then configure the power toggles (On, Off, or Nothing) for WHEN XBOX TURNS ON, SEND and WHEN XBOX TURNS OFF, SEND:
N.B. This feature isn't supported by all devices.
- Set Up the Xbox's TV & AV Power Options
- Set timer on xbox one - How-To - Platform
- Japanese language setting xbox one - How-To - Platform
- Samsung tv enable power settings - How-To - Hardware
- Cyberlink Power DVD 11 - Set default LCD brightness level - How-To - Cyberlink Power DVD
- Xbox One - Restore to default settings - How-To - Platform