- Interpreted by client, but it is not compiled .
- Object-based. Code uses built-in, extensible objects, but no classes or inheritance.
- Code integrated and embedded in HTML.
- Variable data types not declared . .
- Cannot automatically write to hard disk.
Java is a high level object oriented programming language used for software development or server side applications.
- It is compiled on server before being run on client.
- Object-oriented. Applets consist of object classes with inheritance.
- Applets are accessed from HTML pages,but are distinct from these pages
- Variable data types must be declared
- Myth - Visual Basic is an object-oriented language - How-To - Myths and legends
- Myth - OpenOffice.org is written in Java - How-To - OpenOffice.org
- "winamp language pack" - How-To - Winamp
- Inkscape change language - How-To - Inkscape
- Adobe reader change language - How-To - PDF