Upon opening the volume control, the following error message is displayed:
"There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, Go to Control Panel and Other Hardware, and then click ADD HARDWARE."
Check if the Windows Audio service has not been disabled
- Click on Start and Run
- Scroll down to Windows Audio and double-click on it
- Set the Startup Type as Automatic and click on the Start button under Service Status.
- Save your changes and restart your PC.
Thanks to jack4rall for this tip!
- Windows - Error message: No active mixer devices available
- Windows xp no active mixer devices ✓ - Forum - Audio
- Windows - Error message: Data Execution Prevention - How-To - Windows
- Windows error message - Guide
- How to fix Windows error message "error:0x80300001" ✓ - Forum - Windows
- My computer say " there are no active mixer devices available" ✓ - Forum - Audio