This tutorial will walk you through how to create PDF files of web content and save them to your phone for later reading. There are two methods for doing this depending on what iOS you are running. Both are laid out clearly below.
Save Web Pages as PDF Files on iPhone's Running iOS 13 and Later
In iOS 13 (and newer versions), it is necessary to use a different method to create PDF files from your browser than with older iOS versions. You can take a full-page screenshot of a website in Safari and save it as a PDF in the Files app. However this generates a PDF that will fit to the screen of your device and includes ads and website formatting. To get a cleaner PDF, follow these steps:
- Firstly you need to make sure you're viewing the website in reader mode. To do this, tap and hold the aA in the top left hand corner:
- Next take a screenshot of that page and open it up. When you have opened the screenshot, select Full Page:
- You will now see the whole page appears and because you're in screenshot editing mode, the entire annotation suite is available to you. When you're finished editing (incase you want to add arrows, highlight sections etc) share it to any app of your choice by clicking on the share button (box with the arrow pointing up) or save it to files by clicking on Done:
- When you've clicked on Done, it will ask you to confirm where you want to save your PDF. Click on Save to Files:
Save Web Pages as PDF Files on iPhone's Running iOS Older than iOS 13
- Open the Safari app, and then, navigate to the desired webpage. Tap the Share menu, and then, swipe left (on the top row) until you get the Save PDF to iBooks.
- Tap Save PDF to iBook to create your PDF file. While the file converts, Safari will display a message that reads Creating PDF - Preparing... Once done, iOS will launch iBooks to open the new PDF.
Web pages are saved in their entirety, including text, images, and links. Open iBooks and go to the PDF tab to view your saved web pages.
Image: © Bagus Hernawan - Unsplash.com
- How to save pages as pdf on iphone
- How to save pdf on iphone - Best answers
- How to save webpage as pdf - Best answers
- How to save word file as pdf in windows 10 - Guide
- How to save web page as pdf mac - How-To - MacOS
- Mac - Saving a document in PDF format - How-To - PDF
- How to save a photo as pdf on mac - How-To - MacOS
- How to save a snapshot from pdf - How-To - PDF