Windows users sometimes come across an error which says 'Windows cannot find
regsvr.exe' while accessing C drive. Regsvr.exe is generally located under C drive
but is not a system file. To get around the error one has to delete this file. This can be done by searching for this file under registry editor
and deleting all the entries that are returned for the search of regsvr.exe. The user must also make sure that they delete the shell with the key value of explorer.exe
to get rid of the problem completely.
- I am getting this error while opening C:\
- Windows cannot find regsvr.exe...
- Click on Start > Run
- Type regedit
- Press CTRL+F > Find/search for regsvr.exe
- Delete entries that you find for regsvr.exe
- Then Navigate to:
- Open the Shell key.
- If you see the two names (Explorer.exe Regsver.exe), simply delete "Regsver.exe" (leaving only the Explorer.exe).
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on March 21, 2013 at 05:23 AM by deri58.