My volume control will not open simply because it says 'there is no active mixer devices available' then it tells me that I need to install the mixer device.....
It turns out the problem for this error lies in the Windows Audio Service, which usually starts automatically when the sound card is installed and working. However, in this case the service was turned off.
Follow the instructions below to reactivate the Windows Audio service:
- Click on Start and Run
- Type the following command and press Enter
- Scroll down to Windows Audio in the right-hand column and double-click on it
- Make sure the Startup Type is set to Automatic and click on the Start button under Service Status.
Thanks to Dazey for this tip on the forum.
- Windows - Volume control not responding
- Windows volume control keyboard shortcut - How-To - Windows 8
- Keyboard volume control not working windows 10 - How-To - Laptop computer
- Windows 7 volume control - How-To - Audio
- Windows 10 mouse wheel volume control - How-To - VLC
- Volume control button is not working on windows 10 ✓ - Forum - Windows 10