If you are experiencing issues while trying to show hidden files in your Windows PC folder options, it is likely that your computer has a sort of virus that is preventing you from seeing your folders.
This article will walk you through how to clean your computer and, then, give you the necessary steps to reinstate access to your documents. Before proceeding, we recommend that you first run an antivirus program on your computer. We recommend Eset Nod 32 Antivirus.
Once complete, head to your Start menu > Run. Then type
, followed by OK.
In the righthand pane, click the + sign to expand the list. Expand your list one by one by going to this path:
There should now be an entry entitled Checked value in your righthand pane. Double-click the entry, and change the Checked value to 1.
Click OK to finish.
- How To Show Hidden Files and Folders on Windows
- Show hidden files and folders not working in windows 7 - How-To - Windows
- Unable to display Hidden files and folders - How-To - Windows
- Hidden files and folder ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Show hidden files in recycle bin windows 10 - Guide
- Unable to Delete File or Folder in Windows - How-To - Windows